Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day.... Bring on the "Pit Boss"...


I find myself watching "Snooki" on the Today Show and wondering what my mind could turn into if I watched such drivel all day long. However, my "high-mindedness" is short lived. I have found on these "snow days" I am watching the most frightening host of reality shows imaginable. And I am ADDICTED!!

Could there be a show about me now?!? Instead of "Hoarders," maybe there could be a show about 40 year old English teachers who sneak to watch such tantalizing and titillating television as "My Strange Addiction," "Celebrity Ghost Stories," "Snapped," "Swamp People," "Toddlers and Tiaras," "Disappeared," "Hoarders: Buried Alive," "Animal Hoarders," "Oddities," and "Pit Boss." These women find themselves identifying with the subjects of these shows, and often offer advice to the television in an attempt to aid in the resolution of the conflict at hand.

In addition, there is a uniform required for all the female stars of this show - worn, thread-bare yoga or exercise pants, a stained tank top with stretched-out spots, and either an old, over-sized sweatshirt or a snuggie. Hairstyles range from a messy pony tail with tendrils held back with a large expandable headband bought for that brief moment when "I am going to start running," to a headband thrown into messy bedhead, to a baseball cap.

So, I raise my glass of Coca~Cola at Snooki and check the cable guide to find my favorites so I won't miss a thing. I am making myself feel a bit better by folding clothes that I am running upstairs to wash and pull from the dryer during the moments that I pause my "shows." Let me just adjust my tank top so I can reach those socks at the bottom of the basket....

No comments: